Private Consultations for Dogs & Cats
We understand your pet may not always behave the way you'd like, and we are here to help you and your pet find a way to communicate with each other clearly and positively. Using open and clear dialogue, an experienced consultant will guide and coach you to achieve the goal(s) you set for you and your pet(s). We respect your time and understand busy schedules, and will take that into consideration as we build your plan.
Private training/consultation options
- Day Training - We understand busy schedules, and know that you may prefer we take the "reins." Day training involves a consultant visiting your dog multiple times per week to work on a behavior modification plan. Once the plan is complete, you & your family will meet with the consultant to learn about the skills and techniques to continue your dog's progress. An initial consultation and "transfer" appointment are required.
- Board & Train - Again, we understand full schedules. Board & Train involves a consultant hosting your dog at her home, where she could work on the plan more closely/frequently. An initial consultation and "transfer" appointment are required.
- Private Sessions - This is the more traditional method. These begin with an initial consultation, if the issues presented require more discussion. From there, the consultant meets with you regularly (usually once a week) to show you how to work through a plan.
- For All Options: Initial consultation is required. This involves a discussion of history & background, arranging a management plan, projection of behavior modification plan, and setting of training & behavior goals.
- Day Training & Private Sessions: All sessions, including the initial consultation, cost $110 per hour for one pet to continue behavior modification plan. Your payment includes follow up and contact with the consultant throughout (and after) your plan.
- Board & Train: After initial session, $100 per day (2-week stay is typically the minimum) to continue behavior modification plan. Your payment includes regular updates via email & phone during the stay (including photos/videos), a "transfer" appointment, and follow up.
- Rates based upon a 30-mile radius from main office (East Madison). There is an additional charge for traveling outside that range. Email/call for details.
- puppy socialization & foundation skills training
- adult dogs foundation skills training
- leash reactivity to other dogs or humans
- aggression (toward humans, dogs, or other animals)
- resource guarding
- anxiety (separation or generalized)
- destructiveness (digging, chewing, etc)
- hyperactivity & impulse control
- CATS: litterbox issues, introductions to dogs/cats/others, aggression, shyness/fear, destructiveness, anxiety, resource guarding
- NOTE: After reviewing your history form (sent prior to the initial consultation), we will determine whether we feel comfortable proceeding with the issue(s) presented. If we do not feel comfortable, we will refer you to a consultant who may have more experience with the specific issue(s).